The Ghost Waiparous Trails Association AGM
- Postponed – watch for a new date once the provincial measures for COVID-19 have been removed
- June 6, 2020
- September 12, 2020
The Ghost Waiparous recreation lease area and trail system, known as the Back 40, is provided for the enjoyment of all, through a partnership between the Municipal District of Bighorn (Municipal District), the Summer Village of Waiparous (SVW) and the Ghost-Waiparous Trails Association (GWTA) under an agreement with the Government of Alberta, Environment and Parks. These facilities are maintained by community volunteers following the Back 40 Resource Management Plan.
There is a no current TFA in place for the Back 40 and as such motor vehicles are prohibited from accessing the Back 40
Vehicle access for fire wood pick up in the Back 40 is not allowed when the ground is wet and soft.
- To access the Back 40 by vehicle a TFA or Temporary Field Authorization is required as well as a TM66 permit to remove firewood. (there is NO current TFA in place for the Back 40)
- Firewood can still be collected without a motorized vehicle.
- Individuals are required to apply for their own TM66 permit.
FireSmart planning has been undertaken by the partners and will be moving forward under the guidance of the Back 40 Firesmart Committee (a GWTA working committee with members from Benchlands, Ghost, SVW and Forestry) as funding opportunities arise with community information and consultation occurring at each operational planning step.
- GWTA Brochure
- 2016 Ghost Waiparous Trails System – Resource Mgmt Plan
- 2018 Back40 FireSmart information Session Video
- Back 40 FireSmart Plan
The GWTA can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org