FIRE BAN & OHV RESTRICTIONS IN EFFECT
A Fire Ban and Off-Highway Vehicle Restriction are in effect for the Calgary Forest Area due to extreme wildfire hazard. The OHV Restriction prohibits the recreational use of OHVs on public lands.
This applies to all of the forested areas south of the Red Deer River within the Forest Protection Area and includes the Summer Village of Waiparous
Under the fire ban, all existing fire permits are cancelled and no new fire permits will be issued until further notice.
- Open fires
- Charcoal briquettes,
- Turkey fryers
- Tiki torches
- Fireworks and exploding targets
- Recreational OHV use on public lands
- Portable propane fire pits that are CSA approved or UL certified
- Gas or propane stoves and barbecues that are CSA approved or UL certified
- Catalytic or infrared-style heaters
The Fire Ban and OHV Restriction will remain in effect until conditions improve.
Check Albertafirebans.ca for updates